Tuesday 9 January 2024

Tiwa Savage: "Hold Davido accountable if anything happens to me."




Due to an alleged threat to her life, well-known Nigerian singer and songwriter Tiwatope Omolara Savage, better known by her stage name Tiwa Savage, has filed a petition against Afrobeats musician David Adeleke, better known by his stage name Davido.


Savage claimed that the 'Omo Baba Olowo' singer had threatened her on social media in a petition that was sent to Fayoade Adegoke, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, and was making the rounds online.


She added that Davido had requested their common contacts to alert her, and she asked the police chief to hold him accountable if something bad occurred to her.



Savage clarified that there might be a connection between the miscommunication and her relationship with Davido's baby mama, Sophia Momodu, with whom he was having problems.



The petition said, "I am writing to bring to your attention a disturbing issue involving Mr. David Adeleke, also known as Davido, and myself, Tiwatope Omolara Savage, also known as Tiwa Savage.


"On December 23, I uploaded a picture of myself and Sophía Momodu to my Instagram Story—an Instagram feature that lets you upload a photo for a full day. Mr. David Adeleke, who is also a member of his management team, messaged my manager, telling him not to worry and telling me not to speak to him at all. He also said that I was making fun of him and insulting him by using extremely rude, hurtful, and disparaging language.


In my response to Mr. David Adeleke, I made it clear that I didn't want him to get in touch with me, especially since I felt that I had supported him and his daughter Imade—and more significantly, when he lost his son.


The day's events have also prompted a flurry of calls and messages from people we know in common. They ask me what I did to Mr. David Adeleke, claiming he is angry that I chose to keep my relationship going with Imade's mother, Sophia Momodu, with whom he is having problems. They also fabricate the exchange to make it appear as though I was the one who started the argument. Additionally, he warned our mutual connections to "be careful in Lagos because he was going to f"k me up."


"Not just to me, but also to other members of my team, this is starting to feel like some kind of online and offline harassment.


The Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 Constitution (as amended) guarantees rights to life, privacy, and dignity of person; Mr. David Adeleke's actions are unethical and could be interpreted as a direct threat to these rights. They also violate Section 2424 of the Cybercrime (Prohibition, Prevention, Etc.) Act, 2015.


"Therefore, I would like to file this complaint and declare that I want the Nigerian Police Force to hold Mr. David Adeleke accountable if anything unfortunate or damaging were to happen to me or any member of my family."


The singer's plea was validated by Benjamin Hundeyin, the spokesman for the Lagos Police Command.


When approached by our correspondent to verify the authenticity of the petition, Hundeyin responded, "It is genuine."


According to The PUNCH, prominent afrobeats artists David Adeleke (Davido) and Tiwatope Savage unfollowed one another on Instagram on Saturday, January 6, 2024, creating a stir on social media.


Over the years, Davido and Savage were reported to have maintained a friendly relationship; their offspring, Imade Adeleke and Jamil Balogun, continued in their parents' footsteps.


The two kids went to the same school together and were frequently spotted having fun together.


Various theories have been put up, though, on what would have caused the two well-known artists to unfollow one another. Some fans believe that Savage's decision may have been influenced by Savage's growing friendship with Sophia Momodu, the mother of Davido's first child, Imade.


No comments:

Post a Comment