Monday 29 January 2024

AFTER THE EXPLOSION IN IBADAN, GOV. MAKINDE SCOLDS ATIKU FOR NOT MAKING A "CALL, TEXT."




The governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has blasted Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party's (PDP) nominee for president in 2023, for not expressing sympathy to him in the wake of the recent explosion in Ibadan.


At least five persons lost their lives in the explosion that occurred on January 16, 2024, while 77 others had various degrees of injuries and 58 houses were damaged.

When Atiku met with Peter Obi, the presidential candidate for the Labour Party, on Monday, Makinde criticized him.

"Let me take this occasion to express my gratitude to Peter Obi, the former governor of Anambra and Labour Party presidential candidate, for his visit.

"I appreciate that he kept politics out of this. You stopped by to offer your condolences for the explosion. There is an ongoing investigation. All that was going on was that illicit miners were keeping explosives in an inappropriate place.

"It is a place intended for human habitation. It's not a place for mining. Therefore, every mistake that made this possible has been investigated.

"I am very appreciative that the musketeers who ran for president have been in touch with me. My own party's candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has not contacted or even texted me, despite the president having phoned and you having gotten in touch with me.

And the reason I'm stating this out loud is to let our leaders know that there are times for politics, times for government, and times for humanity. Thus, we would want to express our gratitude, sir. We're grateful for your visit," Makinde remarked.

No comments:

Post a Comment